A moving average crossover occurs when a faster moving average (a shorter period moving average) crosses a slower moving average (a longer period moving average). In other words, this is when the shorter period moving average line crosses a longer period moving average line. In trading & investing, this meeting point can be used to signal a change in trend or market structure.
Price crossovers occur when the price of an asset close above or below a moving average and are commonly used by traders to identify shifts in momentum, especially in a trending market.
Different traders use moving averages for different reasons. Some use them as their primary analytical tool, while others simply use them as a confidence builder to back up their investment decisions. If you’re using price or moving average crossovers in any part of your trading strategy, you know how critical it is to be alerted as soon as a crossover happens, or to be easily able to scan a range of financial instruments for recent MA crosses!
Our Ultimate Moving Average Crossover Alert indicator bundle for NinjaTrader not only alerts you when a pair of moving averages cross, or price crosses a moving average, through an extensive range of audio, visual and email alert notifications, but also provides a suite of additional features.
With moving average ‘cloud’ display , 12 individually selectable MA types, and a second indicator included specifically for use in Market Analyzer scanning or strategy development, we believe this is the best moving average crossover indicator on the market. In fact, with all the features you see below, this is the only moving average and crossover alert indicator you’ll ever need!
- Keep on the right side of the trend!
- Runs on ANY market, ANY chart type, & ANY time-frame
- Never miss an MA crossover alert
I always check my charts and the moving averages prior to taking a position. Is the price above or below the moving average? That works better than any tool I have. I try not to go against the moving averages; it is self-destructive.
Watch this short video to see the moving average indicator in action…
Love the Moving Average Cross indicator…email and alerts are great. I’m using it and I am going to suggest it to our group.
I like your work as it is clean and has needed parameters.
~ Scott P., Range Research Group
Just want to thank you for your continued support and advice. I appreciate it.
~ Ant B., United Kingdom
I purchased this great indicator [Ultimate Moving Average Cross Alert indicator for NinjaTrader], and I just want to say thank you. This is a really good indicator.
~ John Saraga, USA
Man – that is great support … thank you Stuart – many traders are in the position I am in.
I am certain that if you give this kind of REAL help, your business can not help but prosper.
Thank you heaps
~ Ivan B, Australia
Best Moving Average Indicator Crossover Alert Features
- NinjaTrader – Ultimate Moving Average Crossover Alert Indicator is a plug-in to the NinjaTrader charting platform, so any system which can run NinjaTrader (version 7 and version 8 supported) can also run the Ultimate Moving Average Cross Alert Indicator.
For more information on NinjaTrader requirements, it is best to refer to the official NinjaTrader Installation Guide:
NinjaTrader 7 Installation Guide
NinjaTrader 8 Installation Guide
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (pre-installed on most PC’s) or higher.
To download the latest version of Microsoft .NET Framework, see: https://www.microsoft.com/net/download
2) The perpetual license is for your ongoing use of the software and there is no more to pay if you do not wish to receive any future software updates/releases after the first year.
All customers receive free access to 1 year of support and software updates, including future enhancements, however after 1 year, future updates & enhancements will be available at a discounted rate of 35% of the listed price, for an additional 1 year of support and software updates, including future enhancements, should you wish to take up this option.
3) PLEASE NOTE: By clicking “I agree to the Terms & Conditions” when purchasing the product, downloading, accessing, installing, running, or using the Global Trading Tools (GTT) indicator you are indicating your acceptance of the terms and conditions contained in the Disclaimer and End User License Agreement (EULA) located at www.globaltradingtools.com/policies/
Trading financial derivatives (including but not limited to Futures, Forex, CFDs and Options) contains substantial risk and is not suitable for everyone. An investor or trader could potentially lose all or more than the initial investment. Risk capital is money that can be lost without jeopardizing ones’ financial security or lifestyle. Only risk capital should be used for trading and only those with sufficient risk capital should consider trading.
Past performance is not indicative of future results. View Full Risk Disclosure.